- APP NAVIGATION
- Adding a Location
- Editing a Location
- Deleting a Location
- Editing a Location
- Slider Control
- Responsive Dimming
- Daytime and Nighttime Occupancy
- Location Type
- Hiding and Displaying Scenes
- Editing a Scene Name
- Deleting a Scene
- Editing a Scene Name
- Adding a Device to a Location
- Remove Devices
- Deleting Devices
- Signal Strength
- Info Icons
- Remove Devices
- Adding a Task
- Deleting a Task
- Deleting a Task
- CLOUD SYNC
LOGIN/LOGOUT - Can be used to create a new account, change your password, log in, and log out.
LOCATIONS - Displays sites and locations within each site, you are able to add new locations and sub locations here.
CONTROLS - Your sites and locations are displayed in alphabetical order. This is where you execute commands such as "ON", "RAISE LIGHTS", "LOWER LIGHTS", "OFF", and adjusting the slider control.
SCENES - A list of directions for a specific location and device to execute.
DEVICES - Location specific list of devices that you currently have plugged in.
SCHEDULING - Create tasks to control your devices here.
CLOUD SYNC - Save scenes to devices here.
To utilize the control app, you will first have to create an account on the Amatis Dashboard (click here for more information)
- Visit www.amatisdash.com
- Click on “Create a new account” and fill out the fields required
- Enter your AMBR Device ID. NOTE: The AMBR Device ID is a 6 digit code found on the bottom of your AMBR.
- NOTE: Codes include only letters A to F and numbers 0 to 9 (0=zero)
- Choose “System Owner” or “Installer”
- System Owner (Basic) – you are gathering data on a single project or system
- Installer (Advanced) – you are tracking data for multiple projects or systems
- Click the “Register” button
- Retrieve your confirmation email
- NOTE: If delayed, be sure to check your "spam" folder
- Follow the link provided in the confirmation email
- Enter your email and password to login
- Fill out your profile information and system configuration. When this is complete you can access your Amatis Energy Dashboard and begin set-up of a site using the control app
- NOTE: Installers – Advanced setup requires that you click “Add New Site” on the Fleet View page in order to register multiple locations.
ADDING A LOCATION –
Click “LOCATIONS” -> click “Edit” -> click the large “+” in the top right -> Enter a name for the new locations (this can be changed at any time). To add a sub location Click the small “+”.
EDIT A LOCATION NAME –
To edit a location name go to the LOCATION tab, click "Edit", and then click the pencil icon or the name of the location you wish to edit.
DELETING A LOCATION –
To delete a location, go to the LOCATION tab, click "Edit", and then click the red "x" icon to the left of the location you wish to delete.
Each device comes with DEFAULT feature settings that can be adjusted from the settings page. The following instructions are applicable if a dimmer is installed.
You can get to settings via a specific LOCATION page, we will use PRODUCTION as an example.
FEATURES IN SETTINGS PAGE -
- Dimming (option available with dimmer),
- Responsive Dimming (option available with switch),
- Daytime Occupancy (option available with motion sensor),
- Nighttime Occupancy (option available with motion sensor),
- and Daylight Linking (option available with motion sensor)
To turn features on and off, click the sliders located on the right hand side of the screen. Blue is ON and Black is OFF.
- If enabled, dimmers in this location will have full range from 0-100%.
- If disabled, only on/off control will be provided.
SLIDER CONTROL –
Enabling Slider Control will allow you to adjust light levels, in the CONTROL page, using the slider.
RESPONSIVE DIMMING –
- NOTE: This option is only available if there are motion sensors in the room.
If enabled, Daylight Linking allows your Motion and Light sensor to sense light levels and adjust the lighting accordingly. You set the target light level in “Daylight Settings”
DAYTIME AND NIGHTTIME OCCUPANCY–
Daytime/Nighttime Occupancy allow you to adjust the Timeout, Occupied Light-Level, and Vacant Light-Level.
To adjust the occupied light level, click the lock icon. When it is in the unlocked position, drag the sliders to the desired values, and click the lock icon to save.
- NOTE: These options are only available if there are motion sensors in the room.
LOCATION TYPE –
- This is where you can select pre-made scenes for your devices. For example, if you are setting up a “Stairway” you can select “Stairway” from the dropdown.
Use the CONTROLS page to execute commands such as “ON”, “LOWER LIGHTS”, “OFF”, adjust a slider, etc.
HIDING AND DISPLAYING SCENES –
To toggle the visibility of a scene click the eye icon:
This depicts a scene that is visible.
This depicts a scene that is NOT visible.
EDITING A SCENE NAME –
When SETTINGS features are enabled, scenes are automatically given names.
To edit a scene name, click “Edit”, and then click the name of the scene, or look for the pencil icon. You can also edit a scene name from the scene’s main page by clicking the pencil icon.
DELETING A SCENE–
To remove, or delete, a scene: click “Edit” and look for the red “x” icon, shown below.
ADDING A DEVICE TO A LOCATION –
If there are no devices the app will direct you to add a device automatically.
In the DEVICE page, click the “Edit” button. Look for the "+" icon. You will then be able to select a device to add from the dropdown. Alternatively, you can add a device by scanning it’s QR code. Do this by clicking the QR code icon seen in the top right.
- NOTE: THIS IS ONLY POSSIBLE WHEN A SPECIFIC LOCATION IS SELECTED.
REMOVE DEVICES –
To remove a device, go to the DEVICE page, click "Edit", and then click the “-“ icon.
- NOTE: This will NOT delete the device.
DELETING DEVICES –
(FEATURE TO COME)
This can only be done from the Main Location. You cannot retrieve the device after deletion unless you soft reboot AMBR and power cycle (unplug, and plug back in) the device that was deleted.
To delete a device make sure you are in the Main location, select “Edit”, and then click the red “x” icon next to the device you wish to delete.
When you see the SCENE icon next to a device it means that the device has a SCENE saved to it.
SIGNAL STRENGH –
In the Devices page, you will see Signal Strength icons. You can click them to get a number value.
If you see this icon, then your device is not reporting (it has no signal strength).
"i", or INFO ICONS –
These are located in DEVICE pages.
When you click an Info Icon it will give you information about the preceding text. For example:
The information you see here:
- Given Device Name
- Device ID:
- The device type and current software version: (05.02.02)
- The last reported signal strength, and the timestamp that it was received.
ADDING A TASK –
- In the Scheduling tab, click “New Task”.
- Adjust accordingly, using each dropdown to customize your task.
- If you save without a “Task Name” the app will suggest a concise name for you.
- Once a task is created, you can activate a task or deactivate a task using the slide on the left hand side of the page.
DELETING A TASK –
A task can be deleted by pressing the “x DELETE” button on the right hand side of the page.
When a feature is turned on (indicated by the blue sliders,) it activates a SCENE. When a scene is turned on, it has to get saved to the cloud. To do this, click the CLOUD SYNC icon, and then "Save Scenes to Devices".
Each device will remember the scenes that are saved, and these can be changed at any time.
can be used in the commissioning process to interact directly with devices
- Identify: "Wink" this device for 15 seconds.
- Ping: Ask this device for its software info, if it responds, it is alive!
- Get Live Data: Ask the device directly for all of its data dictionary
- Update Software: Check for the latest software, if this device is out of date, it will update itself
- Sync Device Actions: Get action table keys, then action table from the device, and update the cloud
- Get Action Keys: Get action table keys only
- Upload Action Keys: Get the action table from the device, and update the cloud
- Save Device Actions: Save the scenes/actions stored in the cloud, to the device
- Reboot: Soft reboot the device.
- Delete: Delete the record of this device in the cloud. RELOAD site after doing this
- Custom OTAP: Allows you to upload a .bin file
- Where do I get scenes?
- How do I delete devices?
- How do I remove a device vs. deleting it?
- Do devices automatically connect to the app when I plug them in.
Trigger Device -
Trigger Action -
Action Device -
Motion Group -
Daylight Group -